To have your artwork considered for display on the Medical School Art Wall, please read the information below. Submit the entry form with photos, digital files, or slides as instructed. The Art Wall Subcommittee reserves the right to determine the exhibition schedule of all entries selected.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Medical School faculty, staff, students and physicians-in-training, alumni, and their respective families are eligible.
- 1-5 submissions per artist
- At this time we accept wall mountable work only.
- Original compositions only
- Content Guidelines: entries should be recognizable as works of art by the average Medical School viewer and should not display overt sexual, pornographic, or violent connotations.
To submit your art for consideration:
- Return completed entry form with a representative copy of each piece of artwork.
- Digital submissions are preferred because submissions will not be returned unless otherwise requested. (Submissions can also be made with slides or photos)
- Each piece for submission should be marked with:
- Name of artist
- Name of owner (if different from artist)
- Title of Piece
- Size of Piece (unframed)
- Telephone Number
Framing Regulations (For Accepted Works)
- Works on paper must be framed under glass/ plexiglass.
- Framing of works on canvas is at discretion of artist.
- All entries selected for exhibit must be wired, ready to hang. (Framing assistance may be available if needed.)
- The Medical School will not be involved in sales of exhibited work; however, artist contact information may be posted.
- If artists wish to make a donation to the Medical School scholarship fund from proceeds of private sale, please contact Keri Valdes at 713-500-5065 for more information.
- Artwork must remain on the Art Wall for the duration of the display period by which time arrangements will have been made to return the artwork back to the artist.
- Artwork will be given reasonable care, but the Medical School will not be liable for damage before, during, or after exhibit.