The Zeiss 510 Meta is a high resolution microscope capable of Z sectioning and 3D reconstruction, capturing time series for following cellular events, fluorophore emission fingerprinting, determining co-localization of multiple proteins and/or dyes, spectral analysis FRET and FRAP.
Key features include:
- Tunable Argon 458/477/488/514 nm at 30 mW
- HeNe 543 nm at 1 mW
- HeNe 633 nm at 3 mW
- 2 PMTs (photomultiplier tubes)
- Meta detector (polychromatic detector, can also be used as third PMT)
- Axiovert 200 Wide field fluorescence microscope
- 10X Plan-Neo/0.3 NA
- 20X Plan-Apo/0.75 NA
- 40X Plan-Neo/1.3 NA Oil with DIC capability
- 63X Plan-Apo/1.4 NA Oil
- Accepts microscope slides and 35–100mm cell culture dishes (use 1.5 oz coverslips)
A new modular attachment to the Zeiss 510 platform. It will allow one to perform structured illumination imaging by way of a CCD camera. The Apotome module will allow the acquisition of multi-channel Z-stack images using non-laser, epi-fluorescence light source. Fluorescence filter cubes include DAPI/Hoechst/AMCA, FITC, Texas Red, and Cy5 filter sets.
This equipment is located in MSB 4.532