Angie Curtis, MD, MPT
- Staff Physician
Dr. Angie Curtis is a Staff Physician in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery and the Division of Pediatric Sports Medicine at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth).
After receiving her medical degree from Meharry Medical College School of Medicine, Dr. Curtis completed her pediatrics residency at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. She went on to complete a fellowship in Primary Care Sports Medicine at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Dr. Curtis is a board-certified pediatrician with fellowship training in nonsurgical sports medicine. Her background as a physical therapist provides a unique perspective on injury evaluation, prevention and treatment. Her focus is the management of acute injuries, overuse injuries, fractures, concussions and other sport related issues common to athletes as well as active children and teens.
Dr. Curtis is a member of the American Medical Society of Sports Medicine and the American Academy of Pediatrics – Council on Sports Medicine and Fitness
- Undergraduate Degree
- Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans, LA
- Master of Physical Therapy
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Medical School
- Meharry Medical College School of Medicine, Nashville, TN
- Pediatric Residency
- University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
- Fellowship,Primary Care Sports Medicine
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (CCHMC), Cincinnati, OH