Richard J. Andrassy, MD, MA, FACS, FAAP, FACN, FICS
- Denton A. Cooley, M.D. Chair in Surgery, Professor and Chairman , Department of Surgery
- Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, UTHealth Medical School
Dr. Andrassy attended Virginia Military Institute and The Medical College of Virginia (where he was a student under Dr. Arnold Salzberg). He was a resident in general and vascular surgery in San Antonio, Texas. He completed a residency in pediatric surgery and a fellowship in pediatric surgical oncology at LA Children’s Hospital.
He holds the Denton A. Cooley Chairman of Surgery at UTHealth Medical School. He also holds the Jack Mayfield Distinguished University Chair in Surgery. He has worked at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center and Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital for almost 25 years.
- Virginia Military Institute
- Medical College of Virginia
- General Surgery, Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center
- Surgery, Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center
- Pediatric Surgery, Children's Hospital - University of Southern California
- Pediatric Surgical Oncology, Children's Hospital, Los Angeles