Associate Professor, Department of Dermatology
Education & Training
- Medical School
- Chulalongkorn University , Bangkok, Thailand
- Internal Medicine, Ramathibodi hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Internal Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago/Christ Medical Center, Oak Lawn, Illinois
- Dermatology, Ramathibodi hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Dermatology, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas
- Phlebology (vein treatment), Laser, and Dermatologic Procedures, Charlotte, North Carolina
Areas of Interests
- Clinical Interests
- Varicose vein treatment, surgical dermatology, laser procedures, facial rejuvenation, injectables and cosmetic dermatology, removal of skin growths, cyst, lipoma, scar, keloids, and earlobe repair.
Dr. Silapunt is a specialist in varicose vein treatment, surgical dermatology, laser procedures, facial rejuvenation, injectables and cosmetic dermatology.
She completed her residency training at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas, and then pursued a fellowship in phlebology (vein treatment), laser, and dermatologic procedures in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Dr. Silapunt is board certified in Dermatology (ABD), and she is certified by the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (ABVLM). She is a certified Phlebology Sonographer (RPhS, ultrasound testing for leg veins) and an invited speaker on varicose veins at national meetings.
Dr. Silapunt is editor of the textbook “Treatment of Leg Veins, 2nd edition” as well as an author of the chapter called “Sclerotherapy and Laser Vein Treatment” in the textbook “The Art of Aesthetic Surgery: Principles and Techniques”. She is also an author of the chapter called “Repair of the Split Earlobe, Ear Piercing, and Earlobe Reduction” in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd editions of the textbook “Surgery of the Skin”.
Her specialty clinical interests include varicose veins, leg veins, surgical dermatology, laser procedures, facial rejuvenation, injectables, Botox, filler, removal of skin growths, cyst, lipoma, scar, keloids, and earlobe repair.
For further information about the treatment of leg veins, please visit the following websites:
- Treatment of Leg Veins, 2nd edition, Editors: Murad Alam and Sirunya Silapunt. Elsevier 2010.
- Munavalli GS, Silapunt S, Weiss RA. Sclerotherapy and Laser Vein Treatment. The Art of Aesthetic Surgery: Principles and Techniques. In Nahai, Foad. Second edition. 2011.
- Silapunt S, Goldberg LH. Repair of the split earlobe, ear piercing and earlobe reduction. In: Robinson JK, Hanke CW, Siegel DM, Sengelmann RD, 2nd edition. Surgery of the Skin: Procedural Dermatology, Elsevier Mosby, London, 2010
- Silapunt S, Chon SY. Generalized necrobiotic xanthogranuloma successfully treated with lenalidomide. J Drugs Dermatol 2010;9(3):273-6.
- Silapunt S, Peterson SR, Goldberg LH. Squamous cell carcinoma of the auricle and Mohs micrographic surgery. Dermatol Surg 2005;31(11 Pt 1):1423-7.
- Silapunt S, Peterson SR, Goldberg LH, Friedman PM, Alam M. Basal cell carcinoma on the vermilion lip: A study of 18 cases. J Am Acad Dermatol 2004 Mar;50(3):384-7.
- Silapunt S, Goldberg LH, Peterson SR, Gardner ES. Eyebrow reconstruction: options for reconstruction of cutaneous defects of the eyebrow. Dermatol Surg 2004 Apr;30(4 Pt 1):530-5; discussion 535.
- Silapunt S, Goldberg LH, Alam M. Topical and light-based treatments for actinic keratoses. Semin Cutan Med Surg 2003 Sep;22(3):162-70.
- Silapunt S, Peterson SR, Alcalay J, Goldberg LH. Mohs tissue mapping and processing: a survey study. Dermatol Surg 2003 Nov;29(11):1109-12; discussion 1112.
- Rogachefsky AS, Silapunt S, Goldberg DJ. Nd:YAG laser (1064 nm) irradiation for lower extremity telangiectases and small reticular veins: efficacy as measured by vessel color and size. Dermatol Surg 2002 Mar;28:220-3.
- Silapunt S, Goldberg DJ. Optimal Fluence and Skin Surface Temperature In Dermal Remodeling with the 1320 nm Nd:YAG Laser. Available from lasernews.net, July 2001.
- Goldberg DJ, Silapunt S. Hair Removal Using a Long-Pulse Q-Switched Nd:YAG Laser: at fluences of 50, 80 and 100 J/cm2. Dermatol Surg 2001 May;27:434-6.
- Goldberg DJ, Silapunt S. Q-Switched Nd:YAG Laser: Rhytide Improvement by Non-ablative Dermal Remodeling. J Cutan Laser Ther 2000;3:157-60.
American Board of Dermatology
American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (ABVLM Diplomate)
Registered Phlebology Sonographer (RPhS)