Valencia Thomas, M.D.
Valencia Thomas, M.D., attended Harvard College and earned an undergraduate degree in Biochemical Sciences. She then pursued a medical degree at the University of Chicago-Pritzker School of Medicine. After completing an internship in Reproductive Medicine at the University of California San Diego, she returned to Boston to pursue a research fellowship in Dermatology Clinical Trials at the Massachusetts General Hospital. She completed her residency training Harvard Medical School where she served as the Chief Resident of Education in her final year. After her specialty training, she completed a fellowship in Mohs and Dermatologic Surgery at the Oregon Health Science University and joined the faculty of Yale Medical School. Desiring a more in-depth knowledge of dermatopathology, she relocated to her home state of Texas and completed a fellowship in dermatopathology. She now serves on the faculty of the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and M.D. Anderson Cancer Center as an Assistant Professor and is the Chief of Dermatology at the Lyndon Baines Johnson Hospital.
Dr. Thomas is a Diplomat of the American Board of Dermatology, an Associate in the American College of Mohs Surgery, and a Fellow in the American Academy of Dermatology. She is a member of the American Society of Dermatologic Surgeons, the Women’s Dermatologic Society, the American Society of Dermatopathology, and the Harris County Medical Association.
- Undergraduate School
- Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Medical School
- The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
- The University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Clinical Trials Fellowship
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Mohs and Dermatologic Surgery, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon
- Dermatopathology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas
Areas of Interest
Mohs Micrographic Surgery, Cutaneous Oncology, Dermatopathology, Laser and Surgical Dermatology, Cosmetic Dermatology
Harris County Health Clinics
Houston Medical Center Clinic
MD Anderson Cancer Center