AO Trauma North America Young Investigator Research Development Award

December 21, 2021

Join us as we proudly congratulate Augustine “Augie” Saiz, MD for being selected as one of the two recipients of the AO Trauma North America Young Investigator Research Development Award. This grant is designed to foster the development of research careers in fellows from AO Trauma North America Fellowship programs. In addition to this award, Augie also submitted and received a Fellows Research Support grant from AO Trauma for his research project “Understanding the Mechanical Environment of Fracture Healing in the Human.”

Congratulations Augie!

“To be awarded the AO Trauma North America Young Investigator Research Development Award is an utmost honor but more so humbling. The AO Trauma North America is more than an organization; the AO is a lineage of legendary surgeons. From the four founding fathers to the giants who shoulders myself and contemporary surgeons follow, the AO has been the leading global influence for the advancement of orthopaedic surgery. I have been blessed as to have mentors in this lineage as a resident and fellow here at UTH. As a resident be awarding the AO John Border Memorial Scholarship to as a fellow being selected as a Davos fellow, for an AO Fellow Research Grant and this award, the mentors I have trained under been extraordinary with legacies of their own I am fortunate to have benefited from.

To have been recognized by the AO for my past accomplishments and possible future contributions is a vote of confidence I take seriously. I love orthopaedic traumatology, a blend of science and artistry. My goal is to improve the lives of the patients we are privileged to care for and to advance the field of orthopaedic traumatology as my mentors have done and continue to do. This award represents an exceedingly great opportunity to humbly contribute to this lineage of excellence and moving the field forward.”