David Rodríguez-Quintana, MD
- Assistant Professor
Dr. Rodriguez-Quintana is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth Houston. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and specializes in hip and knee reconstructive surgery concentrating on primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty as well as partial knee replacement.
In addition, he performs total hip replacements through both anterior and posterior approaches. His practice also encompasses the treatment of lower extremity fractures and developmental hip and knee conditions in patients of all ages. Dr. Rodriguez-Quintana’s practice is characterized by an empathic and individualized approach towards surgical patient care. Also, he is fluent in both of his native languages, Spanish and English.
Dr. Rodriguez-Quintana joins UT Ortho from Baylor College of Medicine, where he completed a fellowship in Hip and Knee Reconstructive Surgery. After his undergraduate studies in Microbiology at the University of Florida, Dr. Rodriguez-Quintana attended the University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine, where he finished medical school and his orthopedic surgery residency.
He is a member of Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, and the American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons. During residency and fellowship, he has participated in book chapter evaluations and has been part of multiple clinical research projects.
- Undergraduate Degree
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Medical Degree
- University of Puerto Rico, School of Medicine, San Juan, PR
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency, University of Puerto Rico, School of Medicine, San Juan, PR
- Hip and Knee Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship, Baylor University School of Medicine; Houston, TX
Areas of Interest
‘- Total and Partial Knee Replacement
– Complex Revision Knee Replacement
– Anterior and Posterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
– Complex Revision Hip Replacement
– Computer Assisted Hip and Partial Knee Replacement
– MAKOplasty (Robotic Assisted Partial Knee Replacement)
– Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement
– Surgical and Non-Surgical Fracture Management of Extremities
– Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
– Management of tendonitis, arthritis, sprains, and strains