Steven J. Schroder, MD
- Assistant Professor
Dr. Steven Schroder is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth Houston.
Dr. Schroder specializes in adult reconstruction and total joint replacement.
Dr. Schroder received his undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas. He attended medical school at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. Following a general surgery residency at The University of California – Irvine, Dr. Schroder went on to complete a fellowship in Adult Reconstructive Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts.
Dr. Schroder is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, California Orthopedic Association, and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons.
- Undergraduate Degree
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- Medical Degree
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency, University of California - Irvine, Orange, California
- Adult Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Areas of Interest
University of California – Irvine, Orange, CA 07/2010-06/2011
Orthopedic Biomechanics Laboratory, Long Beach, CA
Principal Investigator: Thay Q Lee, Ph.D.
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 07/2006-06/2007. Institute of Orthopedic Research and Education, Houston, TX
Principal Investigator: Philip C Noble, Ph.D. University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX 06/2002-07/2002
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Houston, TX. Principal Investigator: Catherine Ambrose, Ph.D.
1. Schroder SJ & Schwarzkopf R (2014). Total Hip Arthroplasty – Templating. In R Schwarzkopf (Ed.), Modern Techniques in Total Hip Arthroplasty (pp. 9-20). New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers.
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
1. The Biomechanics of the Hip Labrum and the Stability of the Hip. Crawford MJ, Dy CJ, Alexander JW, Thompson MT, Schroder SJ, Vega CE, Patel RV, Miller AR, McCarthy JC, Lowe WR, Noble PC. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2007 December; 465: 16–22.
2. The CAM Impinging Femur Has Multiple Morphologic Abnormalities. Ellis AR, Noble PC, Schroder SJ, Thompson MT, Stocks. J Arthroplasty. 2011 September;26(6 Suppl):59-65.
3. Etiology and Severity of Impingement Injuries of the Acetabular Labrum: What Is the Role of Femoral Morphology? Dy CJ, Schroder SJ, Thompson MT, Alexander JW, Noble PC. Orthopedics. 2012 June;35(6):e778-84.
Peer Reviewed Abstract Publications
1. Quantifying Bony Deformity: Femoral Dysmorphisms in Common Orthopedic Conditions. Noble PC, Schroder SJ, Ellis AR, Usrey MM, Thompson MT, Kamaric E, Sugano N, Stocks GW. J Bone Joint Surg. [B], 92-B (SUPP 1): 202, 2010.
2. The Morphology of the Femur in Femoro-Acetabular Impingement. Noble PC, Schroder SJ, Ellis AR, Thompson MT, Usrey MM, Holden JW, Stocks GW. J Bone Joint Surg. [B], 92-B(SUPP 1): 187, 2010.