Hlaing Tint, MD
- Associate Professor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Director of Hemotherapy Service, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Blood Bank and Transfusion Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 2013
- Internal Medicine, St. Agnes Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, 2012
- Institute of Medicine, Mandalay, Burma, 2001
Areas of Interests
Patient blood management, Heparin induced thrombocytopenia, Bleeding and thrombosis related to Cardiovascular surgery and ECMO patients, and Quality improvement.
Hemotherapy, Transfusion Medicine, Plasmapheresis, and Coagulation.
Coagulopathy and thrombosis in various clinical settings.
Patient center blood management which is a multimodal, multidisciplinary designed to maintain hemoglobin concentration, optimize hemostasis, and minimize blood loss in an effort to improve patient outcomes.
Refereed Original Articles in Journals
1. How do we manage cardiopulmonary bypass coagulopathy?
Kerry J. Welsh, Elena Nedelcu, Yu Bai, Amer Wahe1, Kimberly Klein, Hlaing Tint, Igor Gregoric, Manish Patel, Biswajit Kar, Pranav Loyalka, Sriram Nathan, Paul Loubser, Phillip A. Weeks, Rajko Radovancevic and Andy N.D. Nguyen
Transfusion Volume 54, Issue 9, pages 2158–2166, September 2014
2. Post-operative bleeding risk stratification in cardiac pulmonary bypass patients using artificial neural network
Huang RS1, Nedelcu E2, Bai Y2, Wahed A2, Klein K2, Tint H2, Gregoric I3, Patel M3, Kar B3, Loyalka P3, Nathan S3, Radovancevic R3, Nguyen AN1. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2015 Spring;45(2):181-6.
Licenses and Certifications:
American Board of Internal Medicine (2012)
American Board of Pathology, Transfusion Medicine/Blood Banking (2014)
Current Professional Affiliations:
American College of Physicians 2011 to present
American Association of the Blood Banks 2012 to present
The College of American Pathologist 2013 to present
Patient blood management committee Memorial Hermann Hospital -TMC