Dr. Brandon Miller is Assistant Professor of Pediatric Neurosurgery at McGovern Medical School at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). Dr. Miller is certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery and American Board of Pediatric Neurosurgery. Dr. Miller received his PhD in neuroscience from The Ohio State University in 2007 and his MD from the same institution in 2009. He completed residency training in neurosurgery at Emory University School of Medicine, followed by a fellowship in pediatric neurosurgery at Washington University in St. Louis and St. Louis Children’s Hospital. He joins UTHealth Neurosciences and Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital from the University of Kentucky Departments of Neurosurgery and Neuroscience, where he was director of the Pediatric Brain Injury Laboratory at the Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center and co-director of the MD/PhD program. Dr. Miller is an avid researcher with interests in IVH and hydrocephalus. He is the principal investigator on a National Institutes of Health Clinical Investigator Award focused on developing new treatments for IVH and hydrocephalus. He has received many recognitions and awards for his research, is the author of numerous peer-reviewed articles, and regularly serves as a reviewer for journals and grant review committees. Dr. Miller has a strong interest in medical education, international medicine, and treating medically underserved populations. He is an active member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Congress of Neurological Surgeons, and the Hydrocephalus Association.
- Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH
- Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Washington University, St. Louis, MO
Areas of Interest
- Intraventricular hemorrhage (IVH)
- Moya-Moya Disease
- Spina Bifida
Dr. Miller is an avid researcher with interests in IVH and hydrocephalus. He is the principal investigator on a National Institutes of Health Clinical Investigator Award focused on developing new treatments for IVH and hydrocephalus.
Visit the PubMed profile page
- Wang CY, Bonaroti A, Miller BA, Liau JL (in press in 2021) Sagittal Synostosis Scaphocephaly Cranial Reconstruction with Spiral Cut Cranioplasty. In press for Neurosurgical Focus
- Pandya CD, Vekaria H, Joseph B, Slone S, Sullivan PG, Miller, BA (in press in 2021) Phenelzine improves hemoglobin-induced oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction in oligodendrocyte progenitor cells. In press for Translational Research
- Sokola M, O’Connor K, Sokola B, Miller B, Neltner J, Lukins D, Khan G. (2020) Propofol Related Infusion Syndrome in a Pediatric Patient with an Intracerebral Hemorrhage. Neurology Clinical Practice ePub September, 2020.
- Turan N, Heider RA, Nadeem M, Miller BA, Wali B, Yousuf, Sayeed I, Stein DG, Pradilla G (2020) Neurocognitive Outcomes in a Cisternal Blood Injection Murine Model of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. In press for Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases. PMID: 33066928
- Goulding DS, Vogel CR, Gensel JC, Morganti JM, Stromberg AJ, Miller BA (2020) Acute Brain Inflammation, White Matter Oxidative Stress and Myelin Deficiency in a Model of Neonatal Intraventricular Hemorrhage. Journal of Neurosurgery Pediatrics. Published online August 2020 PMID: 32858507 (Corresponding Author)
- Goulding DS, Vogel CR, Pandya CD, Shula C, Gensel JC, Mangano FT, Goto J, Miller BA (2020) Neonatal Hydrocephalus Leads to White Matter Neuroinflammation and Injury in the Corpus Callosum of Ccdc39 Hydrocephalic Mice. Journal of Neurosurgery Pediatrics ePub February 2020 PMID: 32032950 (Corresponding Author)
- Miller BA, Hines, TK, Spears RC, Alhajeri A, Fraser JF (2020) A lumbar Dural AV Fistula Presenting with Intraventricular Hemorrhage and Hydrocephalus Submitted to Journal of Neurointerventional Surgery March 2020 (epub) PMID: 32184274 (Corresponding Author)
- CreveCoeur TS, Salehi A, Miller BA, Austin MJ, Cross DT, Smyth MD (2019) Onyx Embolization of a Ruptured Anterior Inferior Cerebellar Artery in a Neonate. Child’s Nervous System 35(2) 373-378 PMID: 30203392
- Baksh B, Sinha N, Salehi A, Han RH, Miller BA, Dahiya S, Gauvain KM, Limbrick DD (2018) Widely Metastatic Choroid Plexus Carcinoma Associated with Novel TP53 Somatic Mutation. World Neurosurgery 119:233-236 PMID: 30099178
- Park TS, Miller BA, Cho CJ (2018) Simultaneous Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy and Baclofen Pump Removal Improve Ambulation in Patients with Spastic Cerebral Palsy. Cureus 10(6): e2791 PMID: 30112267