Professor M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Hematopathology Adm.
Areas of Interests
- Research Interest
- Signal Transduction; apoptosis; cell cycle; cytokines; molecular targets
Signal Transduction; apoptosis; cell cycle; cytokines; molecular targets
The research in my laboratory is directed at exploring the mechanistic role of Jak/Stat signaling system, including its upstream and downstream activators, inhibitors, modulators, and effectors, in neoplastic diseases. A global aim of our studies is to identify potential therapeutic targets based on better understanding of Jak/Stat signaling and interacting molecules.
A tutorial in my laboratory will expose the student to tissue culture, flow cytometry, light and confocal microscopy, immunohistochemical and immunofluorescence staining, PCR, Western blotting, ELISA, cDNA and tissue microarrays, siRNA, and gene transfection.
- Singh RR, Kim JE, Davuluri Y, Drakos E, Cho-Vega JH, Amin HM, Vega F. Hedgehog signaling pathway is activated in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and contributes to tumor cell survival and proliferation. Leukemia. 2010 May;24(5):1025-36. Epub 2010 Mar 4.
- Janku F, Amin HM, Yang D, Garrido-Laguna I, Trent JC, Kurzrock R. Response of histiocytoses to imatinib mesylate: fire to ashes. J Clin Oncol. 2010 Nov 1;28(31):e633-6. Epub 2010 Aug 23. No abstract available.
- Hong Q, Minter DE, Franzblau SG, Arfan M, Amin H, Reinecke MG. Anti-tuberculosis compounds from Mallotus philippensis. Nat Prod Commun. 2010 Feb;5(2):211-7.
- Wang Y, Klumpp S, Amin HM, Liang H, Estrov Z, Zweidler-McKay P, Brandt S, Agulnick A, Nagarajan L. SSBP2 is an in vivo tumor suppressor and regulator of LDB1 stability. Oncogene 2010; in press
- Singh RR, Kim JE, Davuluri Y, Drakos E, Cho-Vega JH, Amin HM, Vega F. Sonic hedgehog signaling pathway contributes to tumor cell survival and proliferation in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Leukemia 2010; in press
- Shi P, Chandra J, Sun X, Gergely M, Cortes JE, Garcia-Manero G, Arlinghaus RB, Lai R, Amin HM. Inhibition of IGF-IR tyrosine kinase induces apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in imatinib-resistant chronic myeloid leukemia cells. J Cell Mol Med 2010 June; 14(6B):1777-92. Epub 2009 Jun 5.
- Shi P, Lai R, Lin Q, Iqbal AS, Young LC, Kwak LW, Ford RJ, Amin HM. IGF-IR tyrosine kinase interacts with NPM-ALK oncogene to induce survival of T-cell ALK+ anaplastic large-cell lymphoma cells. Blood 2009;114:360-370.
- Ban K, Gao Y, Amin HM, Howard A, Miller C, Lin Q, Leng X, Munsell M, Bar-Eli M, Arlinghaus RB, Chandra J. BCR-ABL1 mediates up-regulation of Fyn in chronic myelogenous leukemia. Blood 2008;111:2904-2908.