Professor Emeritus UT School of Dentistry
Areas of Interests
- Research Interest
- Cardiovascular Physiology
I joined the UT faculty in 1972. At that time, my primary interests were Cardiac Performance and Failure, Cardiac Electrophysiology, and Cardiac Emergencies. I have always had a keen interest in Teaching and Medical Education, especially the Technological Innovations that enhance student motivation and Information Delivery. Through the years, I have found that many students prefer Self-Directed Study and that Narrated Power Point and Podcast Presentations meet that need. In recent years, in addition to making Medical Education my primary focus, I have developed a research collaboration in Immunology that has been both satisfying and productive.
Pilot Program to develop Podcasts for National Board (Step One) preparation.
- Zhou, C, Wu, J, Borillo, J, Torres, L, McMahon, J, Lou, Y-H. Potential Roles of a Special CD8αα+ Cell Population and CC Chemokine Thymus-Expressed Chemokine in Ovulation Related Inflammation. Journal of Immunology 2009, 182: 596-603.
- Robertson, J, Wu, J, Arends, J, Zhou, C, McMahon, J, Torres, L, Lou, Y-H. Activation of Glomerular Basement Membrane-Specific B Cells in the Renal Draining Lymph Node after T Cell-Mediated Glomerular Injury. Am Soc Nephrol 2005, 16:3256-3263.
- Zhou, C, Wu, J, Borillo, J, Torres, L, McMahon, J, Bao, Y, Lou, Y-H. Transient Expression of CC Chemokine TECK in the Ovary during Ovulation: Its Potential Role in Ovulation. AJRI, 2005, 53:238-248.
- Wu, J, Arends, J, Borillo, J, Zhou, C, Merszei, J, McMahon, J, and Lou, Y. A Self T Cell Epitope Induces Autoantibody Response: Mechanism for Production of Antibodies to Diverse Glomerular Basement Membrane Antigens. Journal of Immunology, 2004, 172:4567-4574.