To be considered for the position of Fellow in Pediatric Surgery, candidates should have met the following requirements:
- Doctorate of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- In good standing in your current training program or have completed a General Surgery Residency through an ACGME or Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada program.
Candidates must be registered with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). The NRMP website can be found at http://www.nrmp.org. Applications may be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Individuals applying to our program can submit their materials through the ERAS system. The ERAS website can be found at: https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/
A complete ERAS application includes:
- Dean’s Letter
- Medical School transcript
- ERAS generated Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Letters of Recommendation – One should be from the Department Chair and/or Program Director of the surgery program where you are currently enrolled
- Personal Statement – A statement of your goals and reasons for your interest in Pediatric Surgery
- USMLE Board scores
- ABSITE scores
- List of your publications
December 31, 2020 (for the program year beginning August 1, 2022)
We will have three interview dates and interview no more than eight candidates each day. We will begin our applicant selection process on December 1, 2020. Please have ALL of the required documentation uploaded into ERAS prior to December 1st. All interviews will be conducted virtually.
Personal interviews are by invitation only after your application and supporting documentation has been reviewed. Interviews are scheduled on one of the dates listed below. Each interview includes a visit with the Chairman of the Department of Pediatric Surgery, attending faculty members, and residents in the program and a tour of Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital.
2021 Interview Dates:
- Interview dates will be February 9th, March 3rd and March 26th
Stipends and fringe benefits are administered through The University of Texas System Medical Foundation. Residents are appointed at stipend levels reflecting their years of prior training creditable toward board certification in their current specialty. The 2020-2021 annual stipend for a PGY-6 is $72,045.00 and a PGY-7 is $74,475.00. The annual stipend is increased periodically.
Benefits are provided to house staff through the University of Texas System Medical Foundation.