Ismael A. Salas de Armas, MD
- Associate Professor, McGovern Medical School
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplantation
Dr. Ismael Salas de Armas is an Assistant Professor at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth).
Dr. Salas de Armas sees both male and female adult patients with cardiovascular diseases. He is also fluent in Spanish.
In his spare time, Dr. Salas de Armas spends time with his wife and son. In addition, he also likes to run, cook and travel.
Areas of Interest
General Cardiac Surgery, Coronary Artery Bypass, Valve Repair or Replacement, Transcatheter Valve Replacement, Transplant and Mechanical Circulatory Support, Heart transplantation, Ventricular Assist Devices, Lung Cancer, Pleural Diseases, Video Assisted Thoracoscopy
- Emergent valve replacement after circular mapping catheter entrapment in mitral valve apparatus
- Off-Pump Continuous-Flow Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation
- Traumatic respiratory failure and veno-venous extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support
- Tracheostomy while on Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation: A Comparison of Percutaneous and Open Procedures
- Regression of severe heart failure after combined left ventricular assist device placement and sleeve gastrectomy
- Partial anomalous pulmonary venous return after orthotopic heart transplantation case report
- Intraoperative Management of Carotid Endarterectomy in Patients With Left Ventricular Assist Devices-The Challenge of Continuous Flow: A Case Report
- Inter-hospital COVID ECMO air transportation
- Use of a Minimally Invasive Approach to Correct Diffuse External Compression of the Left Ventricular Assist Device Outflow Graft
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Utility in Postpartum Patients
For a complete list please visit https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/