- Dr. Irani publishes in the area of aortic aneurysm repair, thoracic surgery, and cardiac surgery.
- He is involved in the training of medical students and surgeons and gives lectures nationwide.
Dr. Irani has received training and certification in the use of numerous surgical devices and techniques, including:
- Robotic systems
- Cardiac assist devices
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- Valve repair and replacement- including minimally invasive valve surgery.
- Port access surgery
- Atrial rhythm surgery
- Beating heart surgery
- Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery
- Medical Degree
- University of Texas at Galveston
- Internship and Residency
- St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital Center and Baylor College of Medicine
- St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center-St Luke's Division and University of Texas at Houston-GME
Areas of Interest
Cardiothoracic Surgery, Aortic surgery- including dissection and aneurysms, Minimally Invasive valve repair and replacement, Robotic Surgery, Minimally invasive cardiac surgery including Off pump coronary artery bypass surgery, Surgery for Atrial Fibrillation , Cardiac assist devices, Cardiac Transplantation