Houston Orthopaedic Trauma Symposium
May 13, 2022
Hotel ZAZA – Memorial City
Presented by UT-Houston Orthopaedic Trauma
Course Description: This activity is designed to provide the Orthopaedic Surgeon with a comprehensive update on the current controversies, evolving concepts, and techniques in orthopedic trauma. A distinguished faculty will present their experience, techniques, and pearls of wisdom regarding current treatments and procedures. The goal of the activity is to provide an update to practicing surgeons along with topics of interest to their practice and the challenges they face. The activity will present didactic sessions, case presentations, debates/discussions, and breakout sessions.
Register for this Event: www.eeds.com/live/943368
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
• Assess orthopedic trauma conditions including fractures, polytrauma, nonunions, soft tissue injuries, compartment syndrome, and infection among others.
• Review current techniques and future advances in fracture management and orthopedic trauma care.
• Evaluate existing therapies and develop new approaches to improve outcomes in fracture management.
• Develop a comprehensive strategy for management of orthopedic injuries, including preoperative planning, surgical execution, and postoperative rehabilitation.
• Discuss clinical cases to illustrate management strategies of various traumatic injuries based on new knowledge of pathophysiology and technical advances.
McGovern Medical School at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston designates this live activity for a maximum of 9 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.