Bryan Cotton, MD, MPH, FACS
- John B. Holmes Professor in the Clinical Sciences
Dr. Bryan Alan Cotton is a Professor at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth and the Director of the Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Program as well. He is also Co-Director of the Shock–Trauma ICU at Memorial Hermann Hospital.
Dr. Cotton earned his Medical Degree at Ross University School of Medicine in Edison, NJ. He completed his residency in General Surgery at the University of Missouri Hospital & Clinics in Columbia, MO and his fellowship in Trauma & Surgical Critical Care at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania & Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Cotton later earned his Masters of Public Health at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN.
- BS, Biology, Baylor University, 1988-1993
- MD, Ross University School of Medicine, 1993-1997
- MPH, Vanderbilt University, 2007-2009
- General Surgery, University of Missouri, 1997-2002
- Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, 2002-2004