Dr. Askenasy is originally from Austin Texas and graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a degree in chemical engineering. He attended McGovern Medical School, completed a residency in General Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine, and a fellowship in Colon and Rectal Surgery at the Colon and Rectal Clinic of Houston. He then accepted a position as an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine and worked at Ben Taub General Hospital. Subsequently, Dr. Askenasy was a founding partner of Trauma and General Surgeons PLLC (TAGS) and is working at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center where he involved in the development of a Level II trauma center. In August, Dr. Askenasy plans to return academic medicine and will join UT physicians where he will work at the Colon and Rectal Clinic of Houston as well as at LBJ hospital. His research interest centers on outcomes after hernia surgery and abdominal wall reconstructions where he has been able to publish and continue an active research program.
Dr. Askenasy is married with two children and is actively involved in medical missions, most recently to Guatemala and Honduras.
- Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering, The University of Texas, 1998-2001
- MD, The University of Texas Health Science Center, 2001-2005
- Neurological Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, 2005-2007
- General Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, 2007-2012
- Colon and Rectal Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center, 2012-2013
UT Physicians Colon and Rectal Clinic – Houston
11920 Astoria Blvd. #330
Houston, TX 77089
Lyndon Baines Johnson General Hospital and Clinic
5656 Kelley Street,
Houston, Texas 77026