Dr. Puzio grew up in Southwest Virginia as the oldest of two siblings. He attended college at Virginia Tech (go Hokies) and his time spent volunteering with the Fire Department and Rescue Squad solidified his dream to become a physician. He attended the Medical College of Virginia (MVC) for medical school and completed general surgery residency at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. Following residency he completed a surgical critical care fellowship at Indiana University in Indianapolis. He then completed a second fellowship in Traumatology at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
- BS, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2009
- Medical School
- MD, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, 2013
- General Surgery, University of North Carolina, 2018
- Surgical Critical Care, Indiana University, 2019
- Traumatology, UTHealth McGovern Medical School, 2020