Ana L. Leech, MD, MS
- Assistant Professor, Geriatric and Palliative Medicine
- Director, Palliative Supportive Team at MHH-TMC
Dr. Leech graduated from UTHealth McGovern Medical School in 2005. She did a general surgery internship followed by a residency in family medicine and completed her formal training with a fellowship in palliative medicine and hospice. She was the medical director for Memorial Hermann Hospice and Palliative Medicine at MH Southwest for 6 years prior to joining the faculty of her alma mater in 2017.
She is very interested in providing compassionate, dignified care to patients at the end of life. She believes that during the last months of life of a patient it is also critically important to care for the patient’s family as well and she considers the entire family unit her patient. She also feels that clear communication is very important in providing medical care. She is fluent in Spanish.
- Medical Degree
- UTHealth McGovern Medical School, Houston TX
- Family Medicine, Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program, Houston, TX
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston , TX
- General Surgery, UTHealth McGovern Medical School, Houston TX
- Master Degree
- Biology, University of Houston, Houston, TX
- Biology, University of St. Thomas Houston, TX
- Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine, MOC current
- Board Certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine