Visiting Scholars Program
Thank you for your interest in the Visiting Scholars Program within the Department of Internal Medicine. This program encompasses Visiting Students, Observers, Professional Trainees & Visiting Scientists. Please refer to our institutional Visiting Scholars Program site for detailed information.
- The minimum time for application review and processing required is 8-10 weeks. Security background checks and health compliance will be required as part of the application process.
- There are 3 non-refundable fees involved in the application process (category dependent). Please note payment of these fees is not a guarantee of acceptance, nor of providing any form of recommendation letter at the conclusion of the applicant’s time on campus.
- Fees must be paid via separate Cashier’s Checks , Money Orders made out to UTHSC-H or wire transfer.
1) Department Fee: $1000
2) Division Fee: Varies – contact your faculty sponsor for this information if not listed below
General Medicine: $1000
Geriatric Medicine & Hospice and Palliative Medicine: $1000
Hematology & Oncology: $1000
Infectious Disease: $1000
Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep: $1000
3) Institutional Fee: Category dependent – please see Institutional Visiting Scholars Program site