Dr. Owen was born and raised in Memphis, TN. She completed her undergraduate degree at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. She then lived abroad in Santiago, Chile for one year where she learned to speak fluent Spanish and volunteered in an underserved medical clinic. When she returned to the USA, she went on to receive her medical degree from George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences in Washington DC. After medical school, she completed her Internal Medicine residency followed by her fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. She then completed her subspecialty fellowship in Interventional Cardiology at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
She is board-certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease, echocardiography and interventional cardiology. Dr. Owen specializes in angioplasty and stenting as well as structural interventions. Her clinical interests include management and treatment of patients with complex valvular and structural heart disease, coronary artery disease, and congestive heart failure, as well as women’s health and preventive cardiology.
Dr. Owen is an assistant professor of Medicine in the Department of Cardiology at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). She enjoys and is committed to training the next generation of doctors – from medical students to fellows – who rotate through the coronary critical care unit and cath lab in the Heart and Vascular Institute at the Memorial Hermann Hospital in the Texas Medical Center.
- Medical Degree
- George Washington University of School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease, Baylor College of Medicine
- Interventional Cardiology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Areas of Interest
Valvular and structural heart disease, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, women’s health, and preventive cardiology
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Interventional Cardiology
- National Board of Echocardiography