Dia Waguespack, MD
- Assistant Professor and Associate Program Director, Renal Diseases and Hypertension
Dr. Waguespack received her undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University and her medical degree from the McGovern Medical School at UTHealth. She then completed her Internal Medicine Residency and Nephrology Fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. She returned to Houston at the completion of her fellowship to join the faculty at McGovern Medical School.
She has an interest in medical school and post graduate medical education. She is actively involved in the medical school’s curriculum development as well as fellowship education as the Associate Program Director.
Dr. Waguespack’s clinical and research interest are focused on chronic kidney disease management, glomerulonephritis and home dialysis therapies for end stage renal disease. She is actively involved in ongoing clinical trials.
Dr. Waguespack is a member of the Alpha Omega Honor Medical Society and the American Society of Nephrology.
- Medical Degree
- UTHealth McGovern Medical School, Houston, TX
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Nephrology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
Areas of Interests
Glomerulonephritis, Chronic Kidney Disease, Peritoneal Dialysis, Critical Care Nephrology
Clinical trials in End Stage Renal Disease, Chronic Kidney Disease and Glomerulonephritis
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Nephrology