Jade Teakell, MD, PhD
- Assistant Professor & Fellowship Associate Program Director, Renal Diseases and Hypertension
Dr. Teakell received her undergraduate chemistry degree from Southwestern University. She received her doctoral degree in biochemistry from UTHealth Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. She received her medical degree from and completed Internal Medicine residency and Nephrology fellowship at the McGovern Medical School at UTHealth. Between residency and fellowship, she served as a chief medical resident for the internal medicine residency program. She happily continues on at UTHealth, as she joined the McGovern Medical School faculty in 2017.
She has an interest in medical school and graduate medical education. She serves as Nephrology Core Faculty for the Internal Medicine Residency Program, and she is the Nephrology Fellowship Associate Program Director. In both roles, she is actively involved in teaching, curriculum development, and mentorship. Her clinical and research interests are focused on acute kidney injury, chronic kidney disease prevention/management, home dialysis therapies, and reduction of health care disparities. Administrative roles include medical director of the Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital Nephrology and Dialysis Service as well as medical director of the Ambulatory Care Services Peritoneal Dialysis Program, both within Harris Health System.
Dr. Teakell is a member of local/state medical societies, a Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology (FASN), and a member of Alpha Omega Alpha.
- Medical Degree
- UTHealth McGovern Medical School, Houston, TX
- Doctorate Degree
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center UTHealth Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- Internal Medicine, UTHealth McGovern Medical School, Houston, TX
- Nephrology, UTHealth McGovern Medical School, Houston, TX
Areas of Interest
Glomerulonephritis, Chronic Kidney Disease, Peritoneal Dialysis, Hemodialysis
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine- Nephrology