“Our multidisciplinary team strives to provide excellent clinical care, teach new generations of physicians, and contribute to advance medical knowledge”
Dr. Barreda Garcia was awarded his medical degree from Universidad Francisco Marroquin in Guatemala, where he graduated Cum Laude. He completed his internship and residency training in Internal Medicine with the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. His Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship training was in Houston at UTHealth.
In 2013, he was recruited to McGovern Medical School at UTHealth as an Assistant Professor. In 2014, he received the “Outstanding Teaching Award” from the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. He has served as a member of the Steering Committee of the Airways Disorders Network of the American College of Chest Physicians since 2016. He has a special clinical and research interest in red blood cell transfusions in critically ill patients and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
He is fluent in both English and Spanish. In his free time, he enjoys running.
- Medical Degree
- Universidad Francisco Marroquin
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Areas of Interests
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Anemia and red blood cell transfusions in the critically ill
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Pulmonary Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Critical Care Medicine