Kevin W. Finkel, MD, FACP, FASN, FCCM
- Division Director, Professor, Vice-Chair, Renal Diseases and Hypertension
- Renal Diseases and Hypertension
Dr. Finkel received his undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania and his medical degree from the McGovern Medical School at UTHealth. After completing a Residency and Chief Residency in Internal Medicine at Northwestern University in Chicago, he completed his Renal Fellowship at Barnes Hospital and Washington University in St. Louis.
Dr. Finkel’s clinical and research interests are focused on critical care nephrology, extracorporeal therapies for sepsis, and renal diseases in cancer patients.
Dr. Finkel is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and has been elected as a Fellow in the American College of Physicians, the American Society of Nephrology, and the American College of Critical Care Medicine.
- Medical Degree
- UTHealth McGovern Medical School
- Northwestern University Medical School
- Washington University School of Medicine
Areas of Interests
Acute Kidney Injury, Intensive Care Nephrology, Renal Disease in Cancer Patients
Critical Care Nephrology, Acute Kidney Injury, Extracorporeal Treatment of Sepsis, Renal Diseases is Cancer Patients
- Re-certification American Board of Internal Medicine in Nephrology 2014
- Re-certification American Board of Internal Medicine 2010
- Re-certification American Board of Internal Medicine in Nephrology 2004
- Re-certification American Board of Internal Medicine 2000
- Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine in Nephrology 1994
- Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine 1990