Mark T. Warner, MD, FCCP, CMQ
- Associate Professor of Medicine | Program Director, Pulmonary & Critical Care Fellowship | Director, Coronary Care Unit, Heart & Vascular Institute, Memorial Hermann Hospital - Texas Medical Center Campus
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
832-325-7222 Pulmonary Clinic
“My two passions are taking care of critically ill patients and their families and educating the next generation of physicians.”
Dr. Warner received his undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Biomedical Science, with a minor in Business Administration. He was awarded his medical degree from McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. He later his Internship and Residency training in Internal Medicine at McGovern Medical School and subsequently served as a Chief Medical Resident.
His Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship training was also completed at the McGovern Medical School. Dr. Warner then joined the faculty in the Division of Critical Care in 2013 and regularly attends in Intensive Care Units in the Heart and Vascular Institute at Memorial Hermann-TMC Hospital. Dr. Warner currently serves as the Co-Director of the Cardiac Care Unit.
Dr. Warner is board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care Medicine and Medical Quality.
Dr. Warner is passionate about educating all levels of trainees in Medicine and currently teaches medical students, residents in Internal Medicine and fellows in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. He currently serves as the Program Director of the Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth.
In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with family and friends and traveling.
- Medical School (MD), 2001-2005
- McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Houston, TX
- Internship and Residency, 2005-2008
- Internal Medicine, McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Houston, TX
- Clinical Fellowship, 2010-2013
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) Houston, TX
Areas of Interest
Clinical Interests – Critical Care
- Cardiac Critical Care
- Critical Care of Cardiothoracic Surgery Patients
- Medical Critical Care
Clinical Interests – Pulmonary
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic cough
- Perioperative care of cardiac patients
- Unspecified dyspnea
Clinical Interests – Education
- Graduate Medical Education
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship teaching
- Internal Medicine Residency teaching
- Undergraduate Medical Education
- Preclinical students – Doctoring Course Preceptor
- Clinical Students – MS IV Required Critical Care Course
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Pulmonary Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Medical Quality – Certified in Medical Quality