Dr. Shah joined the Division in 2011. He received his undergraduate education from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois and his medical degree from the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine and Chief Residency at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas. He completed his fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston. Dr. Shah is board certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism.
Dr. Shah has a strong interest in medical education, both at the undergraduate and postgraduate level. He is involved in problem based learning for medical students, and serves as a clinical preceptor for students and residents. He currently serves as the Associate Program Director for the endocrine fellowship program. He has won multiple Dean’s Excellence in Teaching Awards.
- Medical Degree
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical Branch
- Internal Medicine, McGovern Medical School
Areas of Interest
Dr. Shah’s clinical interests include:
- Diabetes management & technology including insulin pumps/CGMs
- Thyroid disorders, thyroid nodules/neoplasm, and ultrasound guided thyroid biopsies
- Bone & parathyroid metabolism
- Hypogonadism and testosterone replacement
- Pituitary & adrenal abnormalities
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, and Diabetes