Rodeo Abrencillo, MD
- Assistant Professor of Medicine | Director of Clinics of Interstitial Lung Disease, UT Physicians
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
832-325-7222 Pulmonary Clinic
“If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” –Isaac Newton
Rodeo Abrencillo, M.D. works as an Assistant Professor of Medicine at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth and as a pulmonary and critical care physician with UT Physicians since 2017. He was awarded his medical degree from the University of the Philippines-Manila. He then proceeded and completed his internal medicine residency and pulmonary/critical care fellowship at Henry Ford Hospital/Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, where he was a chief fellow for 2 years.
Dr. Abrencillo has always aspired to be a clinician-educator and has thoroughly enjoyed interacting with medical students, residents, and fellows. He believes that inspiring young physicians to strive towards knowledge, cultivate perseverance, and foster respect for human dignity will help them provide the best care possible. He currently serves as the fellowship site director at Memorial Hermann-TMC which is the largest campus in UTHealth Houston. As a UT faculty member, he won the Pulmonary and Critical care Fellowship Teaching Excellence Award, Dean’s Teaching Excellence Award, and MHH-TMC Physician of the Year award (2022).
His clinical areas of interest are interstitial lung diseases, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, exercise physiology, sepsis, mechanical ventilation, shock states, and acute respiratory distress syndrome. He is currently the medical director of Clinics of Interstitial Lung Disease and the medical director of Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation Clinical Care Network at UTHealth where he also serves as a member of the benchmarking committee. He is also the assistant director of research for the Division of Pulmonary, Critical care, and Sleep Medicine.
He enjoys spending time with his family during his spare time. He also likes watching movies, and singing and is currently rediscovering his love for writing.
- Medical Degree
- University of the Philippines, Manila, Philippines
- Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Health System / Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, Henry Ford Health System / Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
Areas of Interest
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Sepsis and shock states
- Mechanical ventilation
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Pulmonary Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Critical Care Medicine