Dr. Salman Arain is an Interventional Cardiologist specializing in both angioplasty and stenting. His clinical expertise extends to treating acute coronary syndrome (ACS), cardiac arrhythmias, heart blockage, high blood pressure (hypertension), high cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia), and unstable angina.
Dr. Arain is a Diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine, as well as, being board certified in both Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. He is a member of numerous cardiology societies, including the American College of Cardiology.
Dr. Arain, served as a principal investigator, contributing research to the ground-breaking FAME II Trial that showed technology has positive results for patients with coronary artery disease.
Dr. Arain has been the recipient of numerous awards such as, Chief resident teaching recognition award (1996), Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012 – 2013), Patients’ Choice Award (2008 – 2014), and the Compassionate Doctor Recognition award (2010, 2012 – 2013).
Dr. Arain’s philosophy on patient care is, “To provide my patients with comprehensive state-of-the-art cardiovascular care. I believe in treating patients as I would treat my own family. My goal is to ensure that my patients enjoy life to its fullest potential.”
- Medical Degree
- Allama Iqbal Medical College
- Internal Medicine, St. Mary's Hospital & Medical Center, San Francisco, California
- Echocardiography, University of California, San Francisco, California
- Cardiovascular Disease, Ochsner Clinic Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Interventional Cardiology, Ochsner Clinic Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana