“We aim to diagnose early, intervene timely, treat optimally, and ensure a good quality of life.”
Dr. Sujith Cherian was awarded his medical degree from Govt. Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, University of Kerala, India. He completed his internship and residency training at the SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York. His Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep fellowship training was at UTHealth, where he has been a regular member of their “CHEST Challenge” team, which has made it to the national ACCP finals two years in a row.
Clinical areas of interest include lung neoplasms, interstitial lung diseases and refractory ARDS management. He enjoys teaching and has won numerous awards. He won “Best Resident Teacher” twice during his time at SUNY Upstate Medical University. As Faculty at UTHealth, Dr. Cherian achieved “Outstanding Subspecialty Attending of the Year” from the Department of Internal Medicine, and the “Teaching Excellence Award” from the Division of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine in 2017.
His favorite thing is spending time playing with his two daughters. Hobbies include playing ping-pong, travelling, and reading.
- Medical Degree
- Govt. Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, India
- SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- UTHealth McGovern Medical School
Areas of Interest
- Rare lung diseases
- Lung cancer
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Interventional pulmonary procedures
- Pleural diseases and Pleuroscopy
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)
- Post-intensive care syndrome (PICS)
- Ventilator induced lung injury and asynchronies
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Pulmonary Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Critical Care Medicine