Tanima Jana, MD
- Assistant Professor, Gastroenterology, Hepatology And Nutrition
Dr. Tanima Jana received her medical degree from The University of Mississippi Medical Center in 2011. She then completed internal medicine residency and gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition fellowship from The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). After completion of her fellowship, she received an appointment to Assistant Professor of Medicine at UTHealth, where she currently also serves as associate program director of the gastroenterology fellowship program.
Dr. Jana is active in numerous medical societies and is currently board-certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology. Her clinical interests include Barrett’s esophagus, colon cancer screening, quality improvement, and cost-effectiveness analyses. Her educational interests include mentoring and enhancing learning opportunities in the field of gastroenterology for medical school, residency, and fellowship trainees.
- Medical Degree
- University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Internal Medicine, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth
- Gastroenterology, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine- General Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine- Gastroenterology