Software Acquisition and Usage Policies
As with computer hardware, all computer software purchases must be approved by the department’s LAN Manager and purchased via the MSIT on-line purchase application. Contact your LAN Manager for details.
Read all software license agreements carefully and ask your LAN Manager if you have any questions.
The following applications can be installed on any UT-owned computer by your LAN Manager, at no cost:
- Microsoft Office 2016 Pro Enterprise (does not include Visio)
- Microsoft Windows 10 Education(64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit preferred, 32 bit acceptable)
- Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection
- Adobe Reader (latest version available at time of installation)
For all other software needs, contact your LAN Manager to get a quote or ask about volume licensing.