The Office of Informatics serves as the primary source of end-user information technology and services within the Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy. The office is staffed by a LAN Manager (SASIII) and a Website & Content Coordinator.
The services provided by the Office of Informatics include:
- Administration and security of servers and workstations;
- Administration of server applications;
- Integration, installation, support, and repair of workstations (and related peripheral devices);
- Network administration and support;
- Application development and support;
- Desktop publishing, website publishing and related pre- and post-production support for lecture material and multimedia content used in several of the department’s academic courses;
- World Wide Web development, coordination, and support; and
- Assistance in the purchase of all information technology needs
The office currently maintains several Microsoft Windows servers providing file and print server services, Matlab license services, and Track-It Inventory database. The Office of Informatics also provides support to the Computational Neuroscience Core Facility, such as management of a Beowulf cluster computer. Finally, the Office of Informatics functions as a bridge between the needs of the Department for information technology and the Institutional information technology infrastructure.