Dr. Andrew Barreto is an Associate Professor at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth).
Board certified in both Neurology and Vascular Neurology, Dr. Barreto sees patients of all ages.
- Medical Degree
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Internal Medicine, University of Maryland Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
- Neurology, University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital, Birmingham, Alabama
- Vascular Neurology, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas
- Masters Degree
- Science in Clinical Research, Center for Clinical Research and Evidence-based Medicine, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas
Areas of Interest
- Combination treatments for thrombolysis in ischemic stroke
- Ultrasound-enhanced treatments for ischemic stroke
- Advanced CT and MRI vascular neuroimaging
- Endovascular treatment for stroke