Electron Microscopy Laboratories Research
Our laboratory uses high resolution electron cryomicroscopy to explore the biology of alphavirus replication including assembly and the host-virus interactions that are necessary for infection.
We offer complete electron microscopy services from our laboratory in McGovern Medical School located in Houston’s Texas Medical Center. These include
- specimen fixation, processing, embedding
- thick sections for selection of appropriate areas for EM
- ultrathin sectioning and post-staining
- imaging with a JEOL 1200EX Electron Microscope equipped with a Gatan Digital Imaging System
- immunoelectron microscopy, negative staining, shadowing, special stains, and cryoelectron microscopy services are also available.
- EM Lab fee schedule – 8/2010
- EM Lab Sevice Request Form – 8/2010
Dr. Jun Liu
Cryo-Electron Microscopy Services