Syamasundar Rao Patnana, MD,DAH, FAAP, FACC, FSCAI
- Emeritus Chief, Pediatric Cardiology
- Staff Physician
ContactSyamasundar Rao Patnana, MD,DAH, FAAP, FACC, FSCAI
Veronica M. Camarillo
- Graduate School
- Andhra Medical College, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India, 1964
- University Hospitals of Cleveland and Case-Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, 1970-1971
- Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, 1969 - 1970
Areas of Interest
Physiologically Advantageous VSDs
Transcatheter Management of Heart Defects
(Most recent 2 years)
Rao PS. Cardiac Malposition. In: Gupta P, Menon PSN, Ramji S, Lodha R (eds). PG Textbook of Pediatrics. Second Edition, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd., New Delhi, India, 2018.
Rao PS. Tricuspid Atresia. In: Gupta P, Menon PSN, Ramji S, Lodha R (eds). PG Textbook of Pediatrics. Second Edition, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd., New Delhi, India, 2018.
Vijayalakshmi IB, Rao PS, Chugh R. Editors. A Comprehensive Approach to Management of Congenital Heart Diseases, Second Edition, Jaypee Publications, New Delhi, India, 2019 with the following chapters contributed:
- Chapter 28. Rao PS. Tricuspid Atresia.
- Chapter 29. Balaguru D, Rao PS. Diseases of the Tricuspid Valve (Ebstein’s Anomaly, Tricuspid Stenosis and Regurgitation).
- Chapter 32. Balaguru D, Rao PS. Mitral Atresia.
- Chapter 42. Balaguru D, Rao PS. Truncus Arteriosus.
- Chapter 47. Rao PS, Alapati S. Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.
Rao PS. The Journey of an Indian-American Pediatric Cardiologist – A Memoir – With Emphasis on Scientific Contributions to the Medical Literature. BookBaby Publishing. Pennsauken, NJ, 2020.
Rao PS. Pediatric Cardiology: How It Has Evolved Over The Last 50 Years. Cambridge Scholars Publishing. 2020.