- Program Demographics
- Name of Host Institution: University of Texas/Houston Medical School
- Program Specialty/Subspecialty: Pediatric Endocrinology
- Program Address: 6431 Fannin MSB 3.122, Houston, TX 77030
- Program Telephone Number: 713.500.5646
- Program Fax Number: 713.500.0526
- Program E-mail: Michael.Yafi@uth.tmc.edu
- Program Director: Patrick G. Brosnan, MD
- Alternate Program Contact: Aurora.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pediatric Endocrinology Program at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston started in 1996. Four fellows have finished their training from this program; three of them are currently faculty members at this institution. We currently have three fellows at three different levels of training.
- Prerequisite Training/Selection Criteria:
A prospective applicant should have successfully completed three years of training in an ACGME-accredited pediatric training program or its equivalent and be recommended by his/her program director. Selection is based on merit from among the applicants. The program is nationally advertised. Selection process includes application, letters of reference, and a personal interview. The final selection of the candidates is made by the Program Director/Director, Division of Pediatric Endocrinonlogy and other faculty members. Future matching programs may be used.
- Goals and Objectives for Training:
The goal of the Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship Program is to provide pediatricians who have completed formal training in general pediatrics with an understanding of normal endocrinology physiology, pathophysiology of different endocrine abnormalities, and to diagnose and manageendocrine problems in neonates, infants, children, and adolescents.
- Program Certifications:
The fellowship program is ACGME-accredited.