Jun Wang, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
Dr. Wang’s research focuses on delineating the molecular signals regulating craniofacial and cardiac development, diseases and regeneration. She uses a combination of state-of-the-art methodologies, including different mouse techniques, physiology studies, and next generation sequencing techniques. Over 30 publications in Developmental Cell, PNAS, Science, Plos Genetics and Development have resulted from her work. She has received many honors and awards during her career such as the Michael Bilitch Fellowship, Lawrence Bone Research Award, American Heart Association National Career Development Award, NIH K01 and The University of Texas System Rising STARs Award.
- Texas A&M Health Science Center 2010
- Postdoctoral Fellow
- Baylor College of Medicine 2014
- Bao H. Nguyen, Mamoru Ishii, Robert E Maxon, Jun Wang Culturing and Manipulation of O9-1 Neural Crest Cells. Journal of Visualized Experiments 2018 (140). doi: 10.3791/58346.
- Jun Wang* and James F. Martin*. Hippo Pathway: An Emerging Regulator of Craniofacial and Dental Development. J Dent Res. 2017 96(11):1229-1237. (*Corresponding Author)
- Ming Liang, Michael Yu, Ruohan Xia, Ke Song, Jun Wang, Jinlong Luo, Guang Chen, and Jizhong Cheng. Yap/Taz Deletion in Gli+ Cell-Derived Myofibroblasts Attenuates Fibrosis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017 28(11):3278-3290
- Joshua W. Vincentz, Ralston M. Barnes, Jianwen Que, David E. Clouthier, Jun Wang, and Anthony B. Firulli. Exclusion of Dlx5/6 expression from the distal-most mandibular arches enables BMP-mediated specification of the distal cap. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016; 113(27):7563-8
- Jun Wang*, Yang Xiao, Chih-Wei Hsu, Idaliz M. Martinez-Traverso, Min Zhang, Yan Bai, Mamoru Ishii, Robert E. Maxson, Eric N. Olson, Mary E. Dickinson, Joshua D. Wythe, James F. Martin*. Yap and Taz play a crucial role in neural crest-derived craniofacial development. Development. 2016; 143(3):504-15 (*Corresponding Author).
- Ge Tao, Jun Wang, James F. Martin. Small RNA: From development to regeneration. 2015, Sci. Transl. Med. 7, 279fs12.
- Jun Wang, Yan Bai, Na Li, Wenduo Ye, Stephanie B. Greene, Min Zhang, Ye Tao, Yiping Chen, Xander H.T. Wehrens and James F. Martin. A Pitx2–microRNA pathway that delimits sinoatrial node development and inhibits predisposition to atrial fibrillation. 2014, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 111(25):9181-6.
- Jun Wang and James F. Martin. Macro advances in microRNAs and myocardial regeneration. 2014, Current Opinion in Cardiology 29(3):207-13.
- Jun Wang, Yan Bai, Hong Li, Stephanie B. Greene, Elzbieta Klysik, Wei Yu, Robert J. Schwartz, Trevor J. Williams and James F. Martin. MicroRNA-17-92, a direct Ap-2α transcriptional target, modulates T-box factor activity in orofacial clefting. 2013, PLoS Genet, 9:e1003785.
- Yan Bai, Jun Wang, Yuka Morikawa, Margarita Bonilla-Claudio, Elzbieta Klysik and James F. Martin. Bmp signaling represses Vegfa to promote outflow tract cushion development. 2013, Development 140(16):3395-402.
- Margarita Bonilla-Claudio, Jun Wang, Yan Bai, Ela Klysik, Jennifer Selever, and James F. Martin. Bmp signaling regulates a dosage dependent transcriptional program to control facial skeletal development. 2012, Development 139(4):709-19.
- Todd Heallen, Min Zhang, Jun Wang, Margarita Bonilla-Claudio, Ela Klysik, Randy L. Johnson, James F. Martin. Hippo pathway inhibits Wnt signaling to restrain cardiomyocyte proliferation and heart size. 2011, Science 332(6028):458-61
- Jun Wang, Stephanie B. Greene, and James F. Martin. Bmp Signaling in Congenital Heart Disease: New Developments and Future Directions. 2011, Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 91(6):441-8.
- Jun Wang, Stephanie B. Greene, Margarita Bonilla-Claudio, Ye Tao, Jue Zhang, Yan Bai, Zheng Huang, Brian L. Black, Fen Wang, and James F. Martin. Bmp-signaling regulates myocardial differentiation from cardiac progenitors through a micro RNA-mediated mechanism. 2010, Dev Cell 19(6), 903-12
- Jun Wang, Elzbieta Klysik, Subeena Sood, Randy L. Johnson, Xander H. T. Wehrens, and James F. Martin. Pitx2 prevents susceptibility to atrial arrhythmias by inhibiting left-sided pacemaker specification. 2010, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107(21):9753-9758