Margaret C. McNeese, M.D.
Margaret C. McNeese, M.D.
- Graduate School
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX , 1971
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, 1971-1974
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, 1974-1976
Areas of Interest
- McClain, N., Robertson, H., McNeese, M.: Does vaginal penetration in tampon users result in hymen transections more than tampon use alone? Abstract accepted for poster presentation at the Society for Pediatric Research Meeting, March 2001.
- Giacobbe L, Bolton K, Lahoti S, McNeese M, Girardet R. The medical necessity of pediatric sexual assault evaluations. J Investig Med 53(1):S298, 2005.
- Helwig, Floy, and McNeese, M.C.: Cries in the Night. Clinical Simulations in Pediatrics , Appleton Century Crofts, 1979.
- McNeese, M.C.: When to Suspect Child Abuse. American Family Physicians , 1977.
- Temple, D.M., and McNeese, M.C., M.D.: Hazards of Battery Ingestion. Am Academy of Pediatrics , Pediatrics Volume. 71, No. 1, January 1983.
- Flores, E.C., Plumb, S.C., and McNeese, M.C., M.D.: Intestinal Parasitosis In An Urban Pediatric Clinic Population. Am. J. of Diseases of Children , Vol. 137, 754-756, August, 1983.
- Parks, D.K., Yetman, R.J., McNeese, M.C., Burau, K. and Smolensky, M.H.: Day-Night Pattern in Accidental Exposures to Blood-Borne Pathogens among Medical Students and Residents. Chronobiology International, 17(1), 000-000 (2000).
- Lahoti, S.L., McClain, N., Girardet, R.G., McNeese, M.C., and Cheung, K.: Screening and Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Part 1: Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Bacterial Vaginosis. Jr. Pediatric Health Care, January/February 2000.
- McClain N., Girardet R., Lahoti S., Cheung, K., Berger K., McNeese, M.C.: Evaluation of Sexual Abuse in the Pediatric Patient. Jr. of Pediatric Health Care, Volume 14, Number 3, May/June 2000.
- Lahoti, S., McClain, N., Girardet, R., McNeese, M.C.: Evaluating the Child for Sexual Abuse. American Family Physician, Volume 63, Number 5, March 2001.
- McClain, N., Cheung, K., Girardet, R., Lahoti, S., McNeese, M.C.: Screening and Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Part 2: Trichomonas, Human Papillomavirus Infection, and Genital Herpes Simplex Virus. Jr. of Pediatric Health Care, Volume 14, Number 3, May/June 2000.
- McNeese, M.C., and Hebeler, J.R.: The Abused Child – A Clinical Approach to Identification and Management. Clinical Symposia – CIBA-29(5), 1977.
- Girardet, R., McClain, N., Lahoti, S., Cheung, K. Hartwell, B., Berger, K., McNeese, M.C.: Comparison of the urine-based ligase chain reaction test to culture for detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae in pediatric sexual abuse victims. The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, Vol. 20, No.2, February 2001.
- Lahoti, S., Girardet, R., McNeese, M.C.: Two Cases of Anal Fistula in Young Females Evaluated for Sexual Abuse. Journal of Pediatrics Surgery, Vol. 37, No. 1, January 2002.
- Girardet, R., Lahoti, S., Parks, D., McNeese, M.C.: Issues in Pediatric Sexual Abuse – What We Think We Know and Where We Need To Go. Current Problems in Pediatric and Adolescent Health Care, Vol. 32, No. 7, August 2002.
- Girardet, R., Giacobbe, B.A., Bolton, K., Lahoti, S., McNeese, M.C.: Unmet Health Care Needs Among Children Presenting for Sexual Assault Evaluation. Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine. Vol. 160, No. 1, January 2006.
- Hebeler, J.R., McNeese, M.C., M.D., Ginsberg, E.: Child Abuse – A self instructional unit, The University of Texas Press for the University of Texas Law School, 1976.
- Hebeler, J., M.D., and McNeese, M.C., M.D: Child Abuse Protective Service in Texas, Professional Development Program, State Bar of Texas.
- Lahoti S, McNeese M, Girardet R, Greeley C. Vaginal complaints in the prepubertal girl. Contemporary Pediatrics. Vol. 25, No. 5, May 2008.
- Lahoti S, Girardet R, McNeese M, Greeley C. Child Sexual Abuse. BMJ Publishing group point-of-care website. Accepted for publication.
- Toy EC, Girardet RG, Hormann MD, Lahoti SL, McNeese M.C., Sanders J, Yetman RJ. Case Files: Pediatrics, Second Edition. McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. In press
- Toy, E.C., Girardet, R.G., McNeese, M.C., Hormann, M.D., Lahoti, S.L., Parks, D.K., Yetman, R.J.: Case Files: Pediatrics, book published by McGraw-Hill and released November 2003.
- Toy E, Yetman R, Girardet R, Hormann M, Lahoti S, McNeese M, Sanders M, Case Files: Pediatrics Third Edition, Lange Medical Books/ McGraw-Hill 2010.
- McNeese, M.C., M.D., Lahoti, S., M.D., McClain, N., PNP (1999) Development of a Health Care Professional Training Module in the Evaluation of Child Sexual Abuse. American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children, June 1999.
- Girardet R, Giacobbe L, Bolton K, Lahoti S, McNeese M.C., Unmet health care needs among children presenting for sexual assault evaluation. Poster presented at the Joint Pediatric Academic Societies meeting 2005.
American Board of Pediatrics