Dear Friends and Colleagues:
As we approach our Department’s 25th anniversary in 2018, we look back at our accomplishments during the past several years and look forward to our future academic and clinical growth. Our Department continues to strive to maintain a high level of clinical, academic and research activities. Highlights of our achievements during the past several years are many, and we take this opportunity to thank you for helping create and shape the department to what it is now:
- We have doubled our faculty in the last 5 years alone.
- We have changed from an advanced 3-year PM&R program to a 4 year Categorical program.
- In 2017 we will have a total of 16 residents and 4 fellows.
- Increased our Sports Medicine/pain/MSK exposure with strong collaborations with TIRR Memorial Hermann, Ironman Sports Institute and Shriners Hospital for Children.
- 5 fold increase in Medical Student and Observer rotation requests.
- A total of $6.5 million in research awards in 2016.
- Established the NeuroRecovery Research Center in partnership with TIRR.
Our residents have had continued exposure to regional and national conferences with original abstracts and participation in resident driven organizations in both the AAP and AAPMR. It is for this reason that we have decided to announce our initiative “25 for 25”, a funding drive that will support our residents and fellows in their academic and educational endeavors.
Our goal is to raise at least $25,000 to celebrate the department’s 25th anniversary. With your support, we can ensure that our residents and fellows continue participation in conferences to present their work as well as represent our Department.
Thank you very much for your very generous donation to UTHealth Department of PM&R Educational Fund. Your donation will help our department provide a quality educational experience for our trainees. There are two ways that you could donate:
- Donate Online
- Or Send a check or Money order payable to UTHealth Department of PM&R to:
25 for 25 Fundraising campaign
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
6431 Fannin St. MSB G550A
Houston TX, 77030
Your donation is tax deductible. Please consult with your tax advisor for your specific tax benefits.