Jason W. Chen, DO
- Assistant Professor
Dr. Jason Chen is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at McGovern Medical School.
Double board certified, by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, in pain management as well as physical medicine and rehabilitation, Dr. Chen specializes in Interventional Pain Management. His expertise includes optimizing a person’s functional status through multimodal pain management. By utilizing image-guided, targeted injection therapy, rehabilitation, and judicious prescription medication management, Dr. Chen uses the most advanced pain management treatments to help his patients effectively manage pain.
Dr. Chen received his undergraduate degree in chemical biology at Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, NJ. He completed medical school at the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in Old Westbury, NY, where he was selected for a prestigious academic fellowship program in Neuromuscular Medicine. Upon graduating medical school, he completed a traditional rotating internship at the Christiana Care Healthcare System in Newark, DE. Dr. Chen completed his physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX, where he was chosen to be the administrative chief resident. He obtained additional fellowship training in pain management at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor Michigan.
Dr. Chen is a member of the Spine Intervention Society (SIS), American Society of Interventional pain Physicians(ASIPP) and the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPMR).
- Pain Medicine, University of Michigan Department of Anesthesiology, Ann Arbor, Michigan 2016
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 2015
- ChristianaCare Health System, Wilmington, DE 2012
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, NY 2011
Areas of Interests
- Pain Medicine
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians Member
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Member
- Spine Intervention Society Member