With more than 15 years of experience, Lawrence J. Cisek Jr., M.D., is dual-fellowship trained in minimally invasive surgery and pediatric urology and provides the full complement of pediatric urology surgery care. Previously the director of pediatric urology at University of Minnesota Medical School in Minneapolis, Dr. Cisek has joined the Department of Pediatric Surgery at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) as professor and director of pediatric urology. Dr. Cisek will serve as an attending physician at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital in the Texas Medical Center.
Dr. Cisek completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Pennsylvania, graduating magna cum laude in biochemistry. Furthering his medical education, Dr. Cisek went on to complete his medical and philosophy doctorates at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland, where he also completed his residency training in urology at the Brady Urologic Institute.
Dr. Cisek was fellowship trained in minimally invasive and fetal surgery at Harvard University Medical School Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery affiliated with Boston Children’s Hospital. He then went on to complete his second fellowship in pediatric urology at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. Dr. Cisek is board certified in urology with a certificate of added qualification in pediatric urology.
- BA, Biochemistry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- MD, PhD, Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- General Surgery, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Urology, Brady Urologic Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Harvard University Medical School and Children's Hospital, Boston/Harvard Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery, Boston, MA
- Pediatric Urology, Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, TX
UT Physicians Pediatric Surgery – Texas Medical Center
6410 Fannin Street, Suite 950
Houston, TX 77030