Dr. Wen Li received her Ph.D. in Biostatistics from The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Public Health in 2020. Her Ph.D. dissertation research was focused on developing robust and flexible statistical methods to improve risk assessment and dynamic prediction in studies related to biomarker discovery and evaluation for cancer population screening. In September 2020, she joined the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) McGovern Medical School as an Assistant Professor. Her statistical methods development research interests include biomarker development, dynamic prediction, recurrent events, and deep learning. She’s also expanding her knowledge in clinical trials, microbiome data, and electronic health record data. In addition to the statistical methods development research, her responsibilities also include development of collaborations with investigators from UTHealth conducting clinical and translational studies.
Currently, Dr. Li collaborates with faculty in the Division of Clinical and Translational Sciences on a R03 (PI: Rahbar) from NINDS focused on methods development related to recurrent events with applications in Stroke data. As part of her collaborative research, currently she provides statistical support to faculty and staff at Children’s Heart Institute at UTHealth.
- Bachelor Degree
- Public Health, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China (2011)
- Doctoral Degree
- Biostatistics, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHSC-H), School of Public Health, Houston, TX (2020)
Areas of Interest
- Biomarker Development
- Dynamic Prediction
- Recurrent Events
- Deep Learning
- Clinical Trials Design
- Khan M, Loree JM, Advani SM, Ning J, Li W, Pereira AA, Lam M, Raghav K, Morris VK, Broaddus R, Maru D. Prognostic implications of mucinous differentiation in metastatic colorectal carcinoma can be explained by distinct molecular and clinicopathologic characteristics. Clinical colorectal cancer. 2018 Dec 1;17(4):e699-709.
- Yuan Y, Qiu J, Lin ZT, Li W, Haley C, Mui UN, Ning J, Tyring SK, Wu T. Identification of novel autoantibodies associated with psoriatic arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatology. 2019 Jun;71(6):941-51.
- Sa HS, Rubin ML, Ning J, Li W, Tetzlaff MT, McGovern SL, Paulino AC, Herzog CE, Gill JB, Esmaeli B. Association of T and N Categories of the American Joint Commission on Cancer, With Metastasis and Survival in Patients With Orbital Sarcoma. JAMA ophthalmology. 2020 Apr 1;138(4):374-81.
- Farah M, Reuben A, Spassova I, Yang RK, Kubat L, Nagarajan P, Ning J, Li W, Aung PP, Curry JL, Torres-Cabala CA. T cell repertoire in combination with T cell density predicts clinical outcomes in patients with merkel cell carcinoma. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 2020 Apr 15.
- Li W, Li R, Feng Z, Ning J. Semiparametric isotonic regression analysis for risk assessment under nested case-control and case-cohort designs. Statistical methods in medical research. 2020 Aug;29(8):2328-43.
- Abou Dalle I, Paranal R, Zarka J, Paul S, Sasaki K, Li W, Ning J, Short NJ, Ohanian M, Cortes JE, Jabbour EJ. Impact of luteinizing hormone suppression on hematopoietic recovery after intensive chemotherapy in patients with leukemia. Haematologica. 2020 Dec 3.