Dana E. Giza, MD
- Assistant Professor, Geriatric and Palliative Medicine
Dr. Dana Giza completed her medical school training at The University of Medicine and Pharmacy Carol Davila in Bucharest, and did her residency in Family Medicine and Geriatrics Fellowship at the University of Texas McGovern Medical School in Houston, Texas. Dr. Giza is Board Certified in Family Medicine and a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians, American Geriatrics Society and Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. She currently serves as Assistant Professor in the Division of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine and sees patients at the UT Physicians Center for Healthy Aging in Bellaire and Memorial Hermann Hospital Acute for Elderly unit. She has a particular interest in caring for older adults with cancer. Her research interests include health outcomes in older patients with cancer, specifically improving outcomes using geriatric assessment-driven recommendations and survivorship care of older adults with cancer.
- Medical Degree
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy Carol Davila, Bucharest, Romania
- Family Medicine, UTHealth McGovern Medical School, Houston, TX
- Geriatric Medicine, UTHealth McGovern Medical School, Houston, TX
- American Board of Family Medicine