Mark Hwang, MD
- Assistant Professor, Rheumatology and Clinical Immunogenetics
Dr. Hwang received his undergraduate degree from Rice University and was awarded his medical degree from Saint Louis University. He then completed his internal medicine residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston (UTHealth). He then completed his rheumatology fellowship at Washington University in Saint Louis as well as a graduate certificate in clinical investigation, concomitantly. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
Dr. Hwang has a strong interest in clinical and translational research and completed a year of training in Rheumatology Clinical Research at UTHealth. His research interests include patient-reported outcomes, longitudinal outcomes and biomarkers of rheumatic diseases. He is an active member of the American College of Rheumatology.
- Medical Degree
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) McGovern Medical School
- Washington University in Saint Louis School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO, Rheumatology
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) McGovern Medical School, Advanced Rheumatology-Academic/Research Track
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Rheumatology