Dr. Shitiz Sriwastava is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurology with the Division of Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology at the University of Texas Health Science Center – Houston (UTHealth). He is a board-certified neurologist specialized in multiple sclerosis (MS). During his fellowship training and residency at Wayne State, he performed clinical research on MS and related autoimmune disorders of the central nervous system. He has had many years of experience in MS related clinical trials as a fellow or co-investigator.
Dr. Sriwastava has a keen interest in identifying prognostic markers to predict the initiation and progression of MS especially early neurogenerative changes and also DTI studies in MS. He is currently a member of the American Academy of Neurology. His clinical, basic and translational studies in neuroimmunologic diseases have resulted in 48 peer reviewed papers and reports, and over 50 published abstracts from national and international meetings.
- Medical Degree (MBBS)
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences - Pokhara, Nepal
- Neuroimmunology, Wayne State University - Detroit, MI
- Neurology, Wayne State University - Detroit, MI
- Masters Degree
- Clinical Translational Sciences, West Virginia University - Morgantown, WV
Areas of Interest
- Multiple Sclerosis and related diseases
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Inflammatory demyelinating neuropathies
- Inflammatory myopathies
- Neurologic complications of collagen-vascular diseases
- CNS Inflammatory disease
- Autoimmune CNS disorder
- Neuroimaging in Multiple sclerosis
- B cell therapy in MS
Visit the PubMed profile page
- Sharma K, Tolaymat S, Yu H, Elkhooly M, Jaiswal S, Jena A, Kakara M, Sriwastava S. Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in anti-CD20 and other monoclonal antibody (mAb) therapies used in multiple sclerosis: A review. Journal of the Neurological Sciences. 2022 Oct 14:120459.
- Peterson S, Jalil A, Beard K, Kakara M, Sriwastava S. Updates on efficacy and safety outcomes of new and emerging disease modifying therapies and stem cell therapy for Multiple Sclerosis: A review. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2022 Aug 31;68:104125. doi: 10.1016/j.msard.2022.104125. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 36057173
- Sharma K, Chaudhary D, Beard K, Srivastava S, Khalid SH, Sriwastava S. A comprehensive review of varicella-zoster virus, herpes simplex virus and cryptococcal infections associated with sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor modulators in multiple sclerosis patients. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2022 Mar;59:103675. doi: 10.1016/j.msard.2022.103675. Epub 2022 Feb 8. PMID: 3516809
- Khan E, Shrestha AK, Elkhooly M, Wilson H, Ebbert M, Srivastava S, Wen S, Rollins S, Sriwastava S. CNS and PNS manifestation in immune checkpoint inhibitors: A systematic review. J Neurol Sci. 2022 Jan 15;432:120089. doi: 10.1016/j.jns.2021.120089. Epub 2021 Dec 16. PMID: 34942546
- Sriwastava S, Kataria S, Srivastava S, Kazemlou S, Gao S, Wen S, Saber H, Tripathi R, Sheikh Z, Peterson S, Gwinn R, Bernitsas E. Disease-modifying therapies and progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in multiple sclerosis: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Neuroimmunol. 2021 Nov 15;360:577721. doi: 10.1016/j.jneuroim.2021.577721. Epub 2021 Sep 15. PMID: 34547511