- Medical Degree
- St Joseph University School of Medicine, Lebanon
- Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Movement Disorders, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH & Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Areas of Interest
- Parkinson’s disease
- Deep brain stimulation
- Early onset Parkinson’s Disease
- Application of technology to the management of movement disorders
(*these are selected publications – for a more extensive list of publications, please see the “Read My PubMed Publications” link above)
- Krause E, Randhawa J, Mehanna R. Comparing subjective and objective response to medications in Parkinson’s disease patients using the Personal KinetiGraph™. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2021 May 11;87:105-110.
- Mehanna R, Jankovic J. Young-onset Parkinson’s disease: Its unique features and their impact on quality of life. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2019 Aug;65:39-48.
- Mehanna R, Bajwa J.A, Fernandez H.H, Wagle Shukla A. Cognitive impact of deep brain stimulation on Parkinson’s disease patients. Parkinsons Dis. 2017;2017: 3085140
- Mehanna R, Fernandez H.H, Wagle Shukla A, Bajwa J.A. Deep Brain Stimulation in Parkinson’s Disease Parkinsons Dis. 2018;2018: 9625291.
- Mehanna R , Moore S, Hou G, Sarwar A, Lai E. Comparing Clinical Features of Young-Onset, Middle-Onset and Late-Onset Parkinson’s Disease. Movement disorders. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2014 May;20(5):530-4.
- Mehanna R. Deep Brain Stimulation. Nova Science Publishers, 2015.
Selected Awards and Honors:
- Named Top Neurologist 2021 by Texas Magazine
- Named Houston Top Doctors 2021 by H Texas
- Albert Nelson’s lifetime achievement award, Marquis’ “Who’s Who in America”, 2020
- Voted by peers to Super Doctors ® Rising Stars, 2020
- Named Top Neurologist 2020 by Texas Magazine
- Voted by peers to Top Doctor in Houston, 2019
- Provider of the month award, University of Texas, Neurology Department. June 2019
- Voted by peers to Super Doctors ® Rising Stars, 2019
- Voted by peers to Top Doctor in Houston, 2018
- Voted by peers to Super Doctors ® Rising Stars, 2018
- Provider of the month award, University of Texas, Neurology Department. May 2017
- Dean Teaching’s excellence award, Mc Govern Medical School, 2016-2017
Member of the International Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders Society since 2013. Member of the functional movement disorders working group since 2018. Member of the Task Force on Early Onset PD since 11/2020. Steering Committee Member of the Study Group on Post-Stroke Movement Disorders since 3/2021.
Full member of the International Association for Parkinsonism and Related Disorders: since 2018. (Membership by selection followed by election. Only 150 full members worldwide, with around 3000 associate members). Member of the website development committee since November 2018, Member on the site selection committee since June 2019.