UTMOVE Clinical Research
UTMOVE offers leading-edge observational and interventional studies. We hope to understand more about the underlying mechanisms of disease and develop novel disease-modifying therapies for movement disorders through research.
Some of our current trials include:
- MSC-II: Placebo-controlled trial of allogeneic bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cell as a disease-modifying therapy for Parkinson’s disease.
- FMT: Placebo-controlled trial of fecal microbiome transplant as a therapy for Parkinson disease.
- CVL-751-PD-001: Placebo-controlled trial on the use of Tavapadon as monotherapy early in Parkinson’s disease
- CVL-751-PD-002: Placebo-controlled trial on the use of Tavapadon as add therapy in advanced in Parkinson’s disease.
- Neuroinflammation in Parkinson’s disease: an observational study that explores the immune system’s role in the pathogenesis of Parkinson’s disease.
For more information about these trials, please contact Vanessa.K.Thyne@uth.tmc.edu or 713-500-7127.
- Generation HD1: an interventional disease modifying trial studying the efficacy of an antisense oligonucleotide in individuals with HD
- Enroll-HD: observational study looking at various qualities of patients with Huntington’s Disease.
- KINECT-HD: clinical trial studying the efficacy of valbenazine for the treatment of chorea associated with Huntington’s disease.
- CHANGE-HD: an observational study evaluating patients at risk for developing Huntington’s disease from 6-30 years old to better understand the developing brain in at risk individuals.
- Irritability in HD: clinical trial evaluating the efficacy of Nuedexta for the treatment of irritability in patients with Huntington’s disease.
- Sleep Disorders in HD: clinical trial evaluating the efficacy of Melatonin for the management of sleep problems in patients with Huntington’s disease.
- HD-Clarity: an observational study to evaluate biomarkers in cerebrospinal fluid of patients with Huntington’s disease.
- uniQure: clinical trial looking to demonstrate the safety and tolerability of AMT-130 when delivered directly to the brain of patients with Huntington’s disease.
Neurogenic Orthostatic Hypotension
- Restore: double-blinded trial on the use of droxidopa for the management of orthostatic hypotension in non-diabetic patients.
For more information about this trial, please contact Brittany.J.Duncan@uth.tmc.edu or call 713-486-3134.
Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Behavior Disorder
- An observational study that aims to identify conversion biomarkers for patients with REM sleep behavior disorder.
For more information about this trial, please contact Vanessa.K.Thyne@uth.tmc.edu or call 713-500-7127.
Deep Brain Stimulation
- Product Surveillance Registry: prospective, long-term international multi-center registry to monitor the performance of DBS.
- Connectivity changes in Essential Tremor: an observational study that aims to elucidate the structural and functional connectivity changes in Essential Tremor after DBS.
- Product Surveillance Registry: prospective, long-term international multi-center registry to monitor the performance of Intrathecal baclofen pumps (ITB) as targeted drug delivery (TDD).
For more information about these trials, please contact Tammy.R.Daniele@uth.tmc.edu or call 713-500-7073.
Jessika Suescun, MD
Vanessa Thyne, MS
Jamie Sims, BS, CCRP
Brittany J Duncan, BS
Program Manager and Fellowship Coordinator: